Wednesday, July 9, 2008

car trouble

So two days ago I was backing out of my driveway trying to avoid two full garbage cans that were at the foot of the driveway and my car got stuck on a short fencepost. The post wedged itsself between my front bumper and wheel and when I disentangled my car from the post two large pieces of plastic had fallen out from between the bumper and the wheel. Today I took the car to the shop to get it fixed before I drive to Syracuse on saturday and they gave me this jeep to drive in the meantime. The breaks on the car were whining the whole time on my 10 minute drive home but my friend didn't think it was a big deal so I kept going. As soon as I parked in my driveway and turned off the car I heard a loud boom and a rushing noise. Smoke was ballooning from under the hood and about a gallon of neon green liquid was leaking from the bottom. My neighbor told me it looks like brake fluid. I called the autoshop and they told me not to drive it and they would get it tomorrow. To top things off the green stuff splattered all over my garage door, I am sure this will thrill the people who are slated to buy my house. Great.





No comments: