Wednesday, August 6, 2008

the pepper wager

Last week I convinced dave to eat four hot green chili peppers in exchange for a steak and eggs breakfast for dinner the following night.

Dave ate the peppers and began to regret his decision.
I thought it was pretty funny.
Dave ran to the kitchen for relief, we had learned on food detectives that dairy is the most effective treatment for hot pepper burn.
Amina thought it was pretty funny too. Even dave is smiling a little...
Dave moved on to yogurt after drinking all of the milk

I was distressed over the bruise on this tomato.
The Payoff:

So the following night I made a grilled T bone steak with garlic and herb compound butter, eggs over easy from the co-op, grilled toast and homefries with rosemary and garlic.
It was totally worth it.

2 comments:

potsy said...

Hello

alliect said...

My dad did this exact same thing to my little brother when Matthew was about 10...but poor Matthew didn't get a steak, just a mouth full of fire and the relization that daddy had a sick sense of humor.